Sunday, January 31, 2010

Still hanging in there...

Rachel's doctor's appointment went well. She weighs 12 lbs (75 percentile) and is 24 inches long (90 percentile). She's still coughing & sounds pretty bad, but he said that's likely to last until Valentine's day. :-( However, she's eating about 5-6 oz a meal right now and still sleeping through the night... So she must not be bothered too much.

My allergic reaction (all over itching) seems to be taming down. However, I feel like my fingers & toes may have gotten a little worse. Since I'm on such crazy sleep-inducing drugs (Benadryl & Lortab) in addition to the overwhelming weariness the chemo causes in general, mom & dad have been keeping Rachel over night for us. I feel kind of bad about giving her to them, but they assure me there's no problem. She's loving it anyway!

Simon & I played in the snow both days this weekend. We've got some great shots thanks to our photographer (mom). He had a blast plowing through the snow & face planting (on purpose)! We built Rachel her 1st snow man since Simon had one around this time too. Its tradition! Hope everyone else is having a great time!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box