Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm confused. Last chemo the Dr. said this treatment would be my last & to schedule my surgery ASAP. I did so. Now he wants to do another chemo & reschedule the surgery after he switched chemo drugs?!?!?!


I've already fired off emails to my oncologist & surgeon at MD Anderson for their take. So far I've gotten a reply from the oncologist & her opinion is to take the last chemo as long as it doesn't push my surgery date back too far. So now I'm waiting to hear how quickly I can get another surgery date.

I wish these people would a) make up their minds and b) talk to each other w/o putting me in the middle. I just want the end result to be good. I don't really need to know the specifics except for when to be where & for how long. I really hate trying to schedule w/ one doctor based on what the other one said, then having to back-track. I'm sure they just think I'm a hot-headed idiot who's messing the doctor's preference up... :-( I just want to be finished, so I'm pushing for the surgery staying on the 19th. Its the plan I've accepted & now changing it is causing my OCD to flare up big time!


Rachel is having trouble too. This RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) is kicking her cute little pink bottom. Breathing treatments and watered down formula to try to make sure she drinks plenty. She's lost weight since Friday. :-( My poor little girl is miserable, but still smiling & talking when she's able. She has another appointment (this was for her 2 month well-baby visit) on Friday. He's going to re-evaluate & decide if she gets vaccinated or not.

2 comments:

Birgit J said...

I really hate that you are in the middle and can certainly understand that you just want somebody to stand up, tell you what to do and where to go and to just be done with it. Unfortunately your doctors are putting you in the middle.

I understand their position too, though, and the confusion between them as to who is really in charge of you at any given time. Dr. M here in Owensboro is really in the driver's seat and so Dr. L in Houston doesn't want to get in the way...but your chemo just isn't cooperating as much as everyone would like.

Hang in there...you're almost to the finish line on this chapter. I'm so proud of you for taking an active role whether you want to or not...it's hard, I know, but it's a permanent decision with permanent results and so I know you'll give it great weight. Just do what's best for you in the long run and don't get tempted to 'just get it over with'. As you said...in six months it will all just be a memory.

Love you! Mom

Mes for Life said...

Be informed on your choices...pray...make your decision...and don't look back on or second guess your past decisions...always look forward....God bless ya +++ margie

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box