Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bleh...

Well, I had an allergic reaction to the Taxotere Monday night and into Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm on steroids now to control it. I took enough Benadryl to make myself pass out for close to 36 hours! This reaction cemented my decision to go ahead w/ my surgery on the 19th. Plus I spoke to one of the chemo nurses about the reason behind another chemo treatment. She indicated that Dr. M likes over-kill. She said that if he had any doubts about me still having cancer cells in my body he wouldn't back down & let me skip this last treatment. Since he did - pretty easily - she said that he thought I was probably fine w/ just the surgery. So even though the surgery is still freaking me out somewhat I've at least got a plan I feel I can stick with.

Rachel is still sick, but seems to be feeling better. We're still giving her the breathing treatments and suctioning her nose out pretty frequently. She's also has backed off her formula a bit, but she's still taking 5 oz per meal. Not too bad for a 2 month old! She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what he has to say about her condition.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What kind of reaction did you have?
I'm just curious because I was on a Cytoxan/Taxotere cocktail too!
I had tingling in my hands and feet as well as one of my toenails turned black. They made me take steroids for 2 days before and 3 days after each treatment.
How are you doing now? You are in my prayers! Hang in there! Oh, and that baby can not be any cuter!

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box