Monday, October 12, 2009

Wonderful community event

I am so blessed to be surrounded by the friends & family & community that I have. Yesterday there was an effort headed by my local parish St. Elizabeth in collaboration w/ a nearby parish of St. Alphonsus and Calhoun Baptist Church to raise some funds for mine & Rachel's continued health. There were 400 servings of chili available - all but one serving was eaten. There were children's games, face paintings, 'train' rides (a lawn mower pulling 'cars' made of 50 gallon plastic barrels), corn hole tournaments, silent auctions, raffles, baked good sales, and pumpkin (painted & plain) sales. The turn out was wonderful and I was so touched that when I tried to thank everyone for coming I choked up. I'm not typically an emotional person, at least not publically, so that was a big thing!

Today I helped mom deliver some of the silent auction items to the winning bidders as well as going to check on Rachel & my blood levels. Rachel is Ms. Consistency w/ a steady heart-rate of 145 bpm (like always). I'm also pulling consistent numbers on my blood tests - fairly low-normal ranges. Everything looks good for delivery the week of Thanksgiving (hopefully on Thanksgiving, but she'll come when she wants to come). Yippee!! I'm also needing to start my Thank you notes to all kinds of people! Hopefully I'll have that finished by the end of the week!

1 comment:

Therese said...

I am so glad that your parish did this for you and Rachel.

Prayers for you as your delivery date approaches.

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box