Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Gratitude

I've been remiss in my blogging lately. However, I have good reason. I'm working overtime to make some extra money to help finance a vacation. I'm also continuing to nurse Simon, try to cook and clean the house, and have time w/ my husband. Its a crazy life. However, I love it because it means I've finally gotten what I've always wanted - a family. I'm so happy to be a wife and mother that I'd walk through fire over coals to do it again! I went through some rough spots in my life when I thought I was going to grow old w/o someone to love me as only a husband can. I thought I was never going to be able to have children.


Now I have a great husband who challenges me daily to be a better person and to keep my feet on the ground. I have a beautiful son who issues the same challenges, but adds dealing w/ baby drool, dirty diapers, painful nursing, and sleepless nights. In exchange for these challenges I have the assurance from my husband that he loves me endlessly (although he'd never say it that way), appreciates all I do, recognizes how hard I try, is proud of my efforts, and is happy to have me (as I'm happy to have him). Simon's gifts are the beautiful toothy smile when he sees me after a day w/ one of his grandmas, the singular devotion he has to me for comfort as well as food, the squeals and shrieks when he's just pleased to be alive, the adorable bouncing in his Johnny Jump Up or saucer, and the peaceful way he'll hold my finger, shirt, or hair while he slumbers.



It may not sound like much. Afterall, according to Andrew, I'm a simple (easy to please) person w/ loyalty that outweighs anything else. However it sounds, I'm happy - I have my fondest desires next to me every night - a husband to cuddle with and a baby to comfort! Although sometimes my life seems too full and too hard, in the end its all worth it for these gifts I get from my two boys! Thank you, God!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box