Friday, July 18, 2008

PETA Crosses the Line

I'm not a big fan of PETA to begin with, but when I saw this ad it solidified my stance in my mind. Click on the link below and look at the video on the upper right side. They are airing this commercial in various locales.

http://www.peta.org/

I didn't see an actual place to enter complaints. However, I did find this 'submit an idea' link.

http://www.peta.org/actioncenter/submit-idea.asp

This is what I wrote...
-----------------------------------
Your spay/neuter ad featuring the 'Sex talk' is morally offensive and reprehensible. I cannot believe you can equate teenage pregnancy and abandoned babies with proliferating animals. Equating the two is like the old saying of comparing apples to oranges.

Having the parents say things like "nail it" and "my little girl is going to get some" is ridiculous. Even if the ad is primarily for shock-value, it goes too far. Human babies are not the same as animals - that's why you have 'no official stance on abortion'. It is sad to see animals in shelters and abandoned. However, it is significantly worse to think of all the unwanted and unloved children in the world.

For what it's worth, I have my 3 dogs, 2 cats, and even my horse neutered. As a matter of fact, 2 of my dogs are rescues from a local shelter. My 2 cats are also rescued from a life of abandonment.

-------------------------------------

If you find this ad as offensive as I do, please forward this to your like-minded friends and family so we can inundate PETA w/ complaints like they do our Military (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,385545,00.html). They complain about eating meat, animal farms, equestrian/animal sports, and countless other ordinary things citing cruelty.

I love my animals (or else I wouldn't have them), but my child and other humans take precedent over my animals. That's not saying I'm cruel to my animals, just that I am practical. I am much more concerned about human life (in all its stages) than about animal life. God put animals on earth for us to care for and use as needed. If He hadn't wanted us to be omnivores, He wouldn't have given us teeth for tearing meat, stomaches for digesting meat, and wits to catch prey and/or raise farm animals in addition to our need for plant-life.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box